Quick Links

Financial Aid






Student Support Services/TRiO





Work Study Program Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.

Q: How do I get Work Study funds?
A: Work Study is a federally funded need-based program. You must apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Q: Are there other requirement in order to qualify for work study?
A: Yes, you must:
  • Have a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
  • Be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits.
  • Not be in default of any federal Title IV loan program.
  • Demonstrate financial need.

Q: Do the work study funds affect my Pell Grant award?
A: No, work study does not conflict with your Pell Grant award.

Q: I have completed and submitted the work study application. When can I start working?
A: After you have been offered employment and completed the hiring process you may began work immediately.

Q: How will I be paid?
A: Students are paid on the 15th of the month. Timesheets are due to payroll on the last day of the month.

Q: Can I be approved to work in more than one work study position?
A: No.

Q: If I am not eligible for federal grant can I still be qualified for work study?
A: Yes, you may qualify for internal work study. Contact the financial aid office for details.

Q: Are my earnings for work study taxable?
A: Yes, your earning are taxable.

Q: Are there work study position available in the summer?
A: Depends on availability of funds.
Financial Aid
South Florida State College
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
School Code: 001522

To contact us:
Phone: 863-784-7254
Fax: 863-784-7374