Skip Navigation LinksSFSC Home > Dual Enrollment

Quick Links

Dual Enrollment





Dual Enrollment


Dr. Kimberly Batty-Herbert 863-784-7329
College Credit Dual Enrollment

Courtney Green 863-784-7431
Technical Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment is a program for high school students where they may take college classes that will apply toward both high school graduation and college completion at the same time. The best part about dual enrollment is that the college coursework you take provides free tuition, fees and books if you are a public high school student thereby saving you time and money. To get started contact your high school guidance counselor for more information. If you are a home schooled student contact the college Registrar at 863-784-7129 to make an appointment.

There are two basic types of dual enrollment and a full-time option that includes:

  • College Credit. High school students in the 11 and 12 grade may take college coursework that applies toward an Associate or a Baccalaureate degree.   Typically the college courses taken include basic general education and those courses that will apply toward your college major.
  • Technical Credit. High school students in grades 10-12 may earn credit toward their high school diploma and college credit toward an Associate in Science or certificate program.  Technical credit programs are designed for those students who wish to enter the workforce with basic job skills.
  • Early Admission. Some dual enrolled students want to attend college full-time on the college campus.  These students must take a minimum of 12 and maximum of 15 credit hours per fall and spring term. 

To be eligible for dual enrollment you must:

  • Meet with your high school guidance counselor to establish eligibility and develop a plan of study
  • Have a 3.0 unweighted grade point average (GPA) for college credit dual enrollment
  • Have a 2.0 unweighted grade point average (GPA) for technical credit dual enrollment
  • Complete the required assessment testing ACT, SAT, PERT or TABE (for technical credit).  If there are deficiencies in reading, writing or mathematics students may be limited in course selection and must correct deficiencies within the first 12 hours of college work.
  • Have parental  and school approval to take dual enrollment courses
  • Complete the dual enrollment section of the college Admissions Application
  • Complete the enrollment process outlined in the Dual Enrollment Parent and Student Guide

Some dual enrollment classes are offered on the high school campus while others are offered only on the college campus.  A list of courses available for dual enrollment may be found on the college website and in the Dual Enrollment Parent and Student Guide.  All courses taken for dual enrollment must apply toward high school graduation. Courses may be taken days, evenings and weekends.